Monday, January 12, 2009

I just hallucinated

Maybe I am ruining the blog by blogging about something unrelated to comedy or jobs and such...*

I love the Pittsburgh Steelers. And every year, I love that a Pittsburgh-area real estate developer named Roger Wood comes out with a song, "Pittsburgh's Going to the Super Bowl". He came up with the song itself maybe 15 years ago, and now he updates it annually by plugging new players' names into the verses, no matter whether they actually fit. Like so:

http://www.ithaca.edu/students/zwilson1/steelers.html

This is regardless of how the team actually does. If the Steelers are, say, mathematically eliminated from the playoffs when it's time to make the song, Roger Wood will still crank it out, damn it.

Naturally I was looking for this year's version when I found that link, and even though it's an old version I listened all the way through out of nostalgia. Then I went to the WDVE website and heard it again. It was very faint, so assumed it was the 2009 version of the song. I kept trying to make it louder.

About ten minutes went by. There was some ambient noise in the room I was in, (yes, bathroom fan), so I turned it off. And there was no song. Never was.

I did do other things today. Honest.




*I don't think this post ruined the blog at all. It provides people a glimpse into what my psyche is like. It's like something Kafka would do.

1 comment:

  1. *I think we should end all posts with asterisks. That is all.

    ReplyDelete