Sunday, January 11, 2009

Deal with it, Cate Blanchett


What is more depressing than watching the Golden Globes alone?  Following a liveblog of the Golden Globes alone.  Last night I did just that and followed along with Amelie Gillette at the A.V. Club.  At approximately 9:35 she had this to say:

"30 Rock wins for Best TV Comedy.  Considering that 30 Rock and The Office are the only comedies that do what comedies are supposed to do (i.e. be funny) in that category, it had a pretty good chance."

I thought this was an exaggeration until I saw the 3 other nominees: Weeds, Californication, and Entourage.  I think the last time Weeds made me laugh was 2006, and I'd sooner watch the Golden Globes again than suffer through another episode of Californication or Entourage.*  I don't know if it makes me sadder that the HFPA considers these the best comedies on American television right now or that I can't even get a job bringing Matt Dillon's brother coffee on one of them.

*This is probably not true.

1 comment: