Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nicknames

I didn't see that everyone used their real names before I signed up for this blog as Sour Lozenge. Name selection has cost me a lot of respect and happiness over the course of my life/mess.


During the college application process, I would lay on my floor and sweat whenever I had to tell the school my email address was "Fire Crutches". Not one person thought it was interesting or clever. I've only spoken to two people in my life that have red hair so I thought it would be cool and funny. Little did I know that it would be a massive failure. Shut up, I don't want to talk about it.


A funny trivia fact about me is that I attended college. Why? You very well might wonder that. If you come over to my ranch, we can wonder about that together. 


Let us continue sledding down the mountain of pain that is odd name choices. In my school days, I always was delighted whenever a teacher would tell us: let me know if you have a nickname you'd like to go by. How foolish of them. 


To this day I will still react if someone calls out these names:


Charlemagne   /  Moses   /   Afinogenov   /   Bouwmeester   /   Julie   /    Lenny   /  Antiikanen  


This desire to create a new persona in the presence of others is a disgusting, self-aggrandizing, and infectious exhibit of fear. Fear of what? Being complacent with reality. You mean fantasy is not good? It's ok in small doses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment